When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We are looking for a Global Pricing Leader for Projects for the HBT Projects Business (c.a. 1.0 Billion USD and global presence). The HBT Projects business installs intelligent Building Automation Management, HVAC Controls and Fire & Security solutions for a wide cross section of customers across different market verticals.
The Global Pricing Leader for Projects will report to the HBS Global Pricing Leader and will partner crossfunctionally with the Region Pricing leaders, Sales and Projects & Estimating teams to develop and implement profitable pricing strategies ?for install deals. He/she will pursue margin improvement plans to strengthen backlog margin and should utilize a fact-based analytical approach considering competitive analysis, solid understanding of buildings and construction industry, market attractiveness and overall business strategy. The successful candidate will work cross-functionally with multiple key business partners across sales, finance and estimating teams to develop and implement the Installs price strategy.
· Own the Projects (Install) price strategy and be accountable for delivering the global price plan for the business.
· Develop annual price targets and a pipleline of actions to support meeting goals
· Establish clear operating reviews with region GM’s to identify and deploy actions. Track progress and effectiveness of the measures.
· Engage with senior leadership globally and influence change management to improve pricing process in Install business.
· Be a champion of value-based pricing and translate theory into implementable actions, measurable results, and strong business adoption.
· Build processes and rich data to understand market pricing in building industry and help sales teams get to the winning price.
· Lead the price strategy discussion for multi-million deals and have the experitise to understand financial impacts and models.
· Develop and implement actions to improve the backlog margin.
· Partner with the Installs Sales team and Deal Desk Leader to improve pricing approach to get to recommended price.
· Review and analyze discount authority matrices to ensure the business is minimizing margin erosion due to discounting.
· Partner with Pricing Operations to continuously improve and develop pricing analytics capabilities that support the Installs Price Strategy's execution.
· Support the creation of robust pricing guidelines based on customer, solution, regional and vertical attributes to improve Installs' profitability—a coordinated strategy with Regional Deal Desk Leaders & Analysts.
· Engage with regional leaders in developing and implementing programs to minimize transactional price erosion. Develop actions to support the effective use of discounting, payment terms etc., to support profitable growth.
· Conduct and manage training to improve the adoption of price intelligence tools. Build pricing thought leadership and shift the culture from cost-plus to value-based pricing
YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelor's degree
· 3 year's of pricing expertise with at least 2 years in project pricing, price desk or bidding estimation experience.
· 7+ years' experience in Buildings and Construction Industry working on Building automation, Fire & safety solutions.
· Experience in similar role
· Experience leveraging market pricing tools like RSMeans, ConstructConnect to arrive at market price.
· Good understand of pricing low voltage electrical estimation side of construction
· Demonstrated results in large, complex, matrix organizations
· Analytical thinking mindset with project/construction/building industry experience.
· Integrative thinker.
· Ability to deliver on complex situations or problems.
· Ability to convey information with clarity and directness.
Internal Number: HRD120100
Honeywell International Inc. is an American publicly traded, multinational conglomerate headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina. It primarily operates in four areas of business: aerospace, building technologies, performance materials and technologies, and safety and productivity solutions.